Friday, May 05, 2006

Cinco de Mayo!

Cinco de Mayo has been very important to me for several years, but not for the reasons that you may think. Sit right back and hear a tale ...

I had just moved back to Philly from Raleigh in November of 98 and just ended a 3yr relationship and was sick as a dog! The only thing I wanted to do was go to the movies with my movie buddy, but Ryan wasn't home and wasn't going to be for another 2 week's. I was also on the brink of losing my very best friend to his fiance. Yessssssssss you heard me correctly, Ryan was engaged to someone else. Rightfully so, she was going to take my place. Ryan wanted all of us to be wonderful friends and that wasn't going to happen!

I began to realize that I was seeing Ryan in a whole different light. I knew that we could not keep ignoring the Yellow Polka dot Elephant that took turns riding piggy back on the both of us! His fiance! At the time we were hanging out more and more, we were friends w/PDA.
I knew that his fiance didn't take her own corny @#$% proposal seriously. Meanwhile, my feelings were growing in leaps and bounds and trying not to get hurt in the long run, I gave him an ultimatum.
" You have until 12 midnite on May 5th to make a decision, either you essentially dump your fiance, who is otherwise flying your heart as a kite for the world to see how she is playing your romanticism for foolishness, and be with me.
OR

Leave me and heart intact before its too late.

Well some years later, a wedding and a baby.... I say he made the right choice!



No comments: