Sunday, December 31, 2006

Here's what we are up to!

Thursday was my first birthday and Mommy and Daddy took me to see Dr. White. I like going to see her because she always has smiles for me. She lets me play withe thing that is around her neck. She said the she is very pleased with my growth and development. She said numbers like 95% tile and had a smile on her face I guess that is good. I weigh 24lbs. and am 32 1/2 inches tall and my noggin is 20cm. I am growing by leaps and bounds!

I knew that my visit with Dr. White is coming to an end and it was time to see the man with the needles. I was a little squirmy but held it together until .... ooooowwwwwwwwwwwww the shot! He wasn't able to draw the blood for lead testing so we have to go the hospital for that! Whuptie Doo!
Once we left the Dr's office we went to my Grandma Arlene's house where I met my uncle Bryan, my daddy's twin brother.

Then we all walked up to the barber shop and watched as the barber nearly scalped me. Mommy had to go behind the barber and even my hair out so it all looks blended! I'm sure you all have had a chance to see those pics already so here is a THEN and NOW pic.

My Birthday was very eventful !

Saturday is the big Family Dinner on my Daddy's side of the family. Every Saturday after Christmas we all get together and reminisce of the days past. It is a good time had by all. Good food, good drinks and good fun! This year is the year of the new babies, last year there were about 5 cousins that were pregnant at the same time and I was due to be born anyday ay that point. I was all decked out in a blue corduroy all-in-one and my suede saddle shoes and new haircut. I was ready to take on the world or so I thought. Well family began coming up to me one by one and that was overwhelming and it was getting louder and louder ! Que crying babies! Well for lack of a better phrase All hell broke loose! I was crying so hard that my little face turned red, and into a fever. Mommy stripped me out of my clothes to try to cool me off and calm me down and nothing worked. My Mom and Dad were doing everything they could think of to make me feel better. I was still crying hysterically! They re-dressed me and took me for a car ride around the neighborhood and that made me feel alot better. They took me out of the car and tried again and I started back up again. Mom and Dad decided to just take me home. Family members tried to convince them to stay but they wanted to what was best for me and that was to remove me from the situation. I was really afraid. Shucks! What do you want from me folks I am just one years old for Pete's sake! I have the best parents in the whole wide world!

I wubba you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and your parents!!! Give them big hugs for me okay?